EXPERIENCE: Minimum 6 Months
EDUCATION: High School Graduate
POSITION: Full time (year around) with benefits
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of Marine Store, including maintenance of computer inventory system; manage the day-to-day parts inventory control and disbursement that serves both the MVS retail marine store and the in-house service department, assist with retail sales and cash register in the marine supply store
- Act as liaison for retail customers and in-house technicians.
- Reconcile daily receipts/sales and cash-register(s) balance for the Marine Store.
- Timely updates to and maintenance of physical inventory stock, through DockMaster.
- Timely processing of shipments, receiving orders through utlizing DockMaster.
- Pick up freight from Patriot, Fast Ferry and other vendors
- Deliver freight to our Edgartown store
- Keep store and receiving area clean, organized and fully stocked
- Call customer when special order parts arrive
- Good working knowledge of parts and supplies used in the maintenance and repair of commercial and pleasure boats (power and sailboats) up to 80 feet.
- Strong retail sales experience, preferably marine services industry
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to anticipate customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong computer proficiency: Internet; MSOffice; DockMaster
- Drivers license (ability to drive stick shift is preferred)
- Marine industry inventory maintenance, record-keeping (computerized) and purchase order processing experience
- Ability/willingness to work weekends and overtime as required.